What are some essential life skills every one should know?
- Figuring your limitation out, then go for what you want. . Nothing—no achievement, no creativity, no success, no happiness, no art, and no passion—can take form in an environment with ZERO constraints. Before putting every single ounce of energy into anything, figure out the constraints and limitations, your strengths and weaknesses, then and only then, go after what you want in full throttle.
- Separating thinking and doing. Too many people are living in their own head. They have dreams, they have visions, and they have plans. But they never get to the executions. Getting yourself out from your head, follow your gut instinct, and start before you’re feeling ready.
- Trashing away ideas. There is too much information, but limited attention. There are too much thinking, but very little actions. They are too much planning, but finite energy. They are too many ideas, but very little focus. The only way to succeed in something is to say no to thousand other things. , and regularly trash away ideas before it sucks up too much energy from you.
- Focusing on process instead of product. We’re wired to crave for immediate results. We want to be fit, but we don’t want to workout and manage our diet; we want to get rich, but we don’t want to budget and take risks; we want to be the best in what we do, but we don’t want to put in the practice every day. , create a system and focus on the process.
- Getting yourself back to the solution—again and again—from distractions. Life is designed to throw us problems after problems, and there are two ways to deal with every problem: creating a solution or losing ourselves in distractions. The former is tough, and the later is easy. However, solutions help solve our problems and distractions get us nowhere.
- Building winning environment and structure. Our environment shapes us—our thoughts, our behavior, our beliefs. Consciously build a winning environment to , and structure your day to improve productivity. Successful people win because they create a winning environment.
- Seeing things as what they really are. Our mind constantly creates stories and fill in the gap to make sense of the world around us. We think the girl hate us when she doesn’t reply our message. We think our boss is going to fire us when he was not in a good mood. We think our business is going to fail when one prospect rejected us. Stop overthinking about things. If you have to, be an optimist.
- Mastering the art of hustling. If you want something, work for it. Period.
- Asking absurd questions. The quality of our life is shaped by the quality of our questions. like “why am I so blessed?” that make them happier. Smart people keep asking “why?” that make them smarter. Top performers ask tough questions like “how to make this better faster?” that helps them discover solutions that outperform everyone else.
- Providing values with no expectations. The best way to build healthy relationships is to focus on what you can contribute. Stop think about “what is in it for me?” and start thinking about “what is in it for them?” It’s easier to say than done, give—especially with no expectations of return—is a skill that requires practice.
There was this robbery in Guangzhou , the robber shouted to everyone: "All don't move, money belongs to the state, life belongs to you".
Everyone in the bank laid down quietly.
This is called "Mind Changing Concept --> Changing the conventional way of thinking".
One lady lay on the table provocatively, the robber shouted at her "Please be civilised! This is a robbery and not a rape!"
This is called "Being Professional --> Focus only on what you are trained to do!"
When the robbers got back, the younger robber (MBA trained) told the older robber (who is only primary school educated), "Big bro, let's count how much we got", the older robber rebutted and said, "You very stupid, so much money, how to count, tonight TV will tell us how much we robbed from the bank!"
This is called "Experience --> nowadays experience is more important than paper qualifications!"
After the robbers left, the bank manager told the bank supervisor to call the police quickly. The supervisor says "Wait, wait wait, let's put the 5 million RMB we embezzled into the amount the robbers robbed".
This is called "Swim with the tide --> converting an unfavorable situation to your advantage!"
The supervisor says "It will be good if there is a robbery every month".
This is called "Killing Boredom --> Happiness is most important."
The next day, TV news reported that 100 million RMB was taken from the bank. The robbers counted and counted and counted, but they could only count 20 million RMB. The robbers were very angry and complained "We risked our lives and only took 20 million RMB, the bank manager took 80 million RMB with a snap of his fingers. It looks like it is better to be educated to be a thief!"
This is called "Knowledge is worth as much as gold !"
The bank manager was smiling and happy because his loss in the CINOPEC shares are now covered by this robbery.
This is called "Seizing the opportunity --> daring to take risks!"
So finally I came across this question!
There are many skills that people consider equally important, and they may vary based on your region, but there are few which you must know. A few of those important skills sets are:
- Driving a two-wheeler: Now some of you must be thinking that Why Two wheeler, no Four wheeler? So, the deal is that most of the places you go, two wheeler are easily available than four wheeler. I have friends in my office, who know how to drive a car, but as they moved out of their homes, and can't buy car here, they face a lot of problems. Only if they knew how to ride a bike, probably problems should be much less for them.
- Being a minimalist: Traveling somewhere? You don't want to pack a ton of luggage with you. Being a person who can manage in least of the resources has it's own advantages. I'm not telling you that even in abundance of resources,you should resort to live without them. But, if you know how to love with least of resources, you can manage pretty much anywhere.
- Connecting with people: Thank you introverts for bearing with me for this one, but connecting with people is a skill, still unknown to many people. If you know how to connect with your surrounding people, you will always have someone to talk to, and you will always have more resources(in the form of people).
Wel that's it people, I'll update it more, if I get to know something new. Till then I should probably go to connect with some new people.
For other Q&A on life hacks, visit my profile.
1.HOW TO COOK…SOMETHING-the ability to cook a meal and eat it is a necessary life skill.
2.HOW TO USE KITCHEN APPLIANCES-invest 10 minutes of your time learning how to take advantage of the full functionality of the appliance.
3.HOW TO WRITE- i'm not saying everyone needs to be able to blog or that you need to be able to write a masterpiece at the drop of a hat, but having a basic understanding of sentence structure and written expression can take you far in life.
4.PUBLIC SPEAKING-Similar to writing, speaking—especially public speaking—can cause some of us to cower in the corner while others take to it like fishes in water.
5.EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION-Whether we’re talking about writing or speaking, communication is a vital life skill that encompasses both. No one makes it through this world alone, so learning to communicate with others will help you get where you need to be in life.
6.TECHNOLOGY-basic computer skills are necessary in life today. At minimum, you should be able to email and use the internet for basic searches.
7. BASIC FIRST AID-Pick up a basic first aid book if you feel like your skills are rusty. It’s common to panic in emergency situations, but if you’re well versed in first aid, you’ll be able to rely on your instincts and knowledge and you’ll come to the rescue with a cooler head.
8.HOW TO PRIORITIZE AND WHAT YOUR PRIORITIES ARE-“Eating the Frog.” Do the big, bad, tough things first and get them under control so you can move forward.
9.UNDERSTANDING YOUR VALUES-Similar to understanding your mission, understanding your values (and refusing to compromise on them) will give you guidance through any decision. If honesty is one of your values, then next time you’re put in a compromising position you’ll never be tempted to lie-because you know honesty is so important to you.
10.HOW TO FOCUS-This is twofold: first, how to focus on a task when you’re facing a deadline or when you need to get something done; and second, how to focus your direction, your actions and your goals so you’re always in line with your values and holding true to your personal mission.
- Learn to cook basic meals. Knowing how to make basic meals from simple ingredients will safe you money and give you something to do when you're home bored. It's also a skill that has an easy upgrade path if you want to keep exploring.
- Learn basic freehand exercises. Learn how to do exercises that don't require any equipment or very much space and work all muscle groups (things like squats, lunges, pushups, sit-ups etc.). Also make a habit of doing them every time you get out of bed. This well you'll get some exercise and be able to stay in shape even if you have a busy life or are traveling a lot.
- Learn some meditation and mindfulness techniques. These will help you calm down and stay focused in the middle of a busy and stressful lifestyle and help you stay productive.
- Learn basic nutrition. Not a life skill, but learning how what you eat affects your body can have a big positive impact on your lifestyle choices and energy and productivity level.
- Learn basic financial skills. Make it a habit to set and keep to a budget, pay off your bills on time, and practice living within your means.
Purpose—Your purpose is the road you choose to travel, the meaning and direction of your life. It’s the driving force of why you do what you do.
Pride—Unlike false pride, which stems from a distorted sense of self-importance that causes people to believe and act like they are better than others, a healthy sense of pride springs from a positive self-image and confidence in one’s abilities.
Persistence—This component of ethical power is about staying the course, staying true to your purpose and values. Persistence is about commitment, not interest. When you have interest in something you do it when it’s convenient. When you’re committed, you do it no matter what!
Perspective—All the other elements of ethical power emanate from the core of perspective. Perspective is about having the big picture view of situations and understanding what’s truly important.
Patience---- Patience is in short supply in our culture. We live in a hyper-connected, instantaneous world where virtually anything we want is just a click away. What we need is the having faith and belief that things will work out well, as long as we stick to our values and principles.
Good quality medium roast
Burr ground to medium/fine coarseness (not blade ground, it matters)
Pour over brew by hand
Organic whole milk added to deep golden color
Total time to enjoyment is +/- 7 mins and really improves my mood.
- Patience. Learn to be patient and think about things before taking action.
- Learn to smile. Be happy and cheerful. That gives you a friendly atmosphere and people like being around you.
- Be confident. If you choose an option, stick with it till the end. If it’s wrong, don’t be afraid to accept the responsibility.
- Team work. This is all the world is about now. Going solo is almost nowhere seen. Every company emphasizes team work over solo.
- At least two languages,including your mother tongue.
- Ability to ignite fire using some basic equipment like mobile battery or water bottle lens.
- Ability to communicate with strangers.
- Ability to tie basic knots.
- One self defence trick or some Martial art.
- Driving four wheeler
- Some knowledge about snakes and snake bites.
- Ability to cook at least three basic dishes.
- How to kiss slowly and passionately.
- Tricks to tame furious dogs. (Very handy if your girlfriend has one!)
- How to estimate direction using star positions or basic stick and sun shadow.
- Write passionate love letters. Words start a love story but letter fuel it. People love love letters. Period.
- Basics of human psychology.
- Ability to propose to your love(Discreetly). I badly need to learn !
- Using at least one weapon like gun,sword,nan chaku etc.
- Basics of human physiology and some basic treatments using house hold items.
- Grow your own food and basics of farming.
But most important life skill is the ability to communicate and reciprocate love. When love is there everything else falls in place on its own.
- Manage your time
- Defend yourself
- Converse politely/respectfully with those people who are of no use to you
- How not to give up in tough phase of life and keep going
- Admit your faults and say "Sorry"
- Express your gratitude and say "Thank you"
- Share what you know
- Perform basic first aid in emergencies
- Basic cooking
- Never become complacent with time
- Not to procrastinate
- Start living life the way one wants it to.
I had read a story.
Twenty monks and on nun were practising meditation under a Zen master. Nun was very good looking. Several monks fell in love with her. One of them wrote a anonymous letter to her , insisting to meet her alone.
Nun did not reply. The following day, master gave lecture to all. When it was over , the nun stood up , and addressing the one who wrote letter, said, “ If you really love me so much, then come and embrace me now and here”.
Message the nun was giving is that one needed to be honest in his approach.The learning is that whatever you do, do it from heart. If you do something, hide something else, think in a different way, then it shows that you are divided into many fragments. Then your originality is lost. You can never be in total in your approach.
Your oneness with yourself is the path to self-improvement. I will say this is the only life skill you need to learn.
4.Eating ( very important )
7.The most important of all the above-breathing
Top 5 Hard Skills
1. Statistical Analysis and Data Mining
2. Middleware and Integration Software
3. Storage Systems and Management
4. Network and Information Systems
5. SEO/SEM Marketing
and these are the...
Top 5 Soft Skills
1. Ability to work in a team structure
2. Ability to make decisions and solve problems
3. Ability to communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
4. Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
5. Ability to obtain and process information
These are generally applicable regardless of the industry and regardless of experience.
There are a few basic skills which function as a foundation to all other areas of work and interests. Among them, self awareness is the most important. Next comes creative thinking. Good decision making and problem solving ability is greatly required in everybody. Thinking should always be done from a critical point of view. One should also be able to manage stress and emotions effectively. Effective communication skills, as mentioned by you, are key factors today. Lastly, empathy for all and good interpersonal relationships also pave way towards happiness and satisfaction in life.
Let me sum it up as qualities instead:
Self confidence: This is very very important for obvious reasons. You need to be confident about who you are.
Fitness/ Health: a contributing factor for much positivity.
Motivation: you need to be self motivated in order to achieve anything.
Positivity: a state of mind that can work wonders!
No comparisons: you first chapter may be someone else's 29th chapter. So avoid bitterness and don't punish yourself if you can't be like someone.
Good knowledge: it never fades away!
Recreation/ Relaxation: it's important to know how to unwind. Our minds are constantly caught in the jibber jabber of everyday life. Do something to take your mind off of stress.
Everything else is, essentially, depending on how often you use this one.
- Read often;
- Write daily;
- Seek feedback;
You will never feel low when there is no one to take care of you or all your friends and family is busy in there life and don't have time to listen to your worries.
I advise you to start learning this skill by reading these tips at
Being in line with nature.
Understanding the difference of need and desire.
- 'let-it-go' and not to hold grudges.
- evergreen optimism .
- cooking .
- reading A LOT .
- enjoying your own company .